There is a lot on your mind when buying a new home. With Sandusky Bay Inspections, you get more than just a “Standard Home Inspection”. Our Buyer Home Inspection will not only help you make the best decision about your upcoming purchase, but will provide other valuable resources to help you transition into your new home.
Included with every Home Inspection
Of course we still check everything that the “Standard Home Inspection” would...
- roof, vents, flashing and trim;
- gutters and downspouts;
- skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
- decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
- eaves, soffit and fascia;
- grading and drainage;
- basement, foundation and crawlspace;
- water penetration and foundation movement;
- heating system;
- cooling system;
- main water shut-off valves;
- water heating system;
- interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
- drainage sump pump with accessible float;
- electrical service line and meter box;
- main disconnect and service amperage;
- electrical panels, breakers and fuses;
- grounding and bonding;
- GFCIs and AFCIs;
- fireplace damper door and hearth;
- insulation and ventilation;
- garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
Review our Standards of Practice at www.nachi.org/sop.htm for complete details.
We do recommend that our clients attend the buyer home inspection.
A complete easy-to-read report along with digital photos will be available within 24 hours of inspection.